Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mama Bear

Today Isaac gets his tonsils and adenoids out.  I feel that same mama bear instinct coming back.  It’s amazing how as a mom I want what’s best for my child, like being able to breath better, talk better, etc., but I also want to protect my child from the pain and uncertainty.

It’s something only a mom can understand. 

Last night my mom and dad, along with four Russians, came over to pray for Isaac.  It was very neat to see such concern and compassion from these four Russians who had never met Isaac before.  Or any of us.  But they prayed like they would pray for their own family.  They prayed for speedy recovery, peace and protection.   These same Russians had gathered to pray for Camden over a year ago.  Now they had the opportunity to be able to see the little boy they had prayed so hard for.  

It’s one of the many things I love about my family.  When there is an issue, no matter how big or small, we solve it by gathering together and praying.  There’s no better way!

Any ways, the surgery is this morning.  We have to try and make our way in there with major storms coming and 50 mph winds.  It sounds nasty out there already!  God’s hand of protection though, right?

I’ll let you know how everything goes.  I know this will be so good for Isaac once he’s all healed up. 

Blessings,

Steph

1 comment:

Leah said...

Prayers for Isaac from VA.