Yep, it’s here. Our schedule has changed and it’s indicating SUMMER!
Isaac “officially” completed his 5th grade school year. My oldest is now considered a junior-higher. Yikes! I can’t believe he’s THAT old.
We went to buy new shoes the other day. Isaac is in a men’s 8! I kept saying out loud, “When did that happen? Really,when did that happen?”
The boys have started their summer art class and I am quite pleased with it. They learn about the different concepts of art along with art history and make a weekly project. And the projects are no wimpy art projects either!
Isaac and Eli are also in the home school baseball league. The two of them have discovered that they really do enjoy baseball. And as Isaac says, “I’m actually good at it.” It’s a very relaxed atmosphere and really and truly just for the fun of it.
And biggest thing of our summer yet?!?!? Isaac and Eli are at their first overnight week-long camp! This wasn’t originally a “plan” for our summer. It was an opportunity that arose quickly and we jumped on it. They were each offered a scholarship to attend a camp nearby. Both of them said they wouldn’t do it unless the other did it. :) (even though they’re not able to bunk together because of age difference)
The camp has so much to offer them and I pray they can overcome homesickness to enjoy their time. I won’t lie, it was tough saying goodbye to them. They’ve never been away from home for more than two nights. Isaac had tears in his eyes when we were saying goodbye, but he told me that camp was something he really wanted to do. So if you get a chance this week, say a quick prayer that they’ll both enjoy their time, have tons of fun and be blessed.
On another note, I apologize for my lack of posts. I started this one over a week ago and I’m just able to sit down now to finish it. I have been extremely busy with work and that leaves very little time for anything else. I’ve felt a bit like I’m drowning at times, but with Josh being laid off for a back injury and his hours being cut, I need to take the work.
Have a blessed week.
No comments:
Post a Comment