Friday, September 11, 2009

Logan is 3!

Happy 3rd Birthday to Logan!

We celebrated by doing the one thing Logan wanted to do:  go to the zoo.   Well, that and play.  He woke up in the morning, opened his presents and played with those for a little while.  Then we packed up and headed for the zoo.    It was lots of fun.   He really enjoyed ALL the animals.  We literally saw ALL the animals.  Logan made sure of that. 

We came home shortly before supper, ate some pizza and then had to go to Eli’s soccer practice.  After practice we came home to have some birthday cake and play some more before heading to bed.  He was exhausted!!!

My tribute to Logan:

Logan, I’m going to be real honest with you.  You are such a challenge to me right now.  I know your behavior goes with the age, but whew, you're more trouble than either of your older brothers ever were.  I wonder what that means…

I know you are just challenging  your boundaries, but you really keep me on my toes.  I cannot and will not leave you alone for more than five minutes.   Usually poor “Bamden” is the target.  You don’t always mean to hurt him.  You’re just so busy loving on him that you knock him over. 

You are also so cute.  You understand quickly when you’ve done something wrong.  You go to your “Time Out” bench immediately.  You offer an “I’m sorry, I won’t do it again” and a hug and kiss. 

You are so eager to be just like your big brothers.  You are always running after them and copying what they say.  I will hear Eli tell me something and then two seconds I hear you say the exact same thing. 

You love your cars and most certainly your cows.  Every day when Dad gets home from work, you will run out and say, “Go see the cows, Dad?”  You will repeat it and repeat it until Dad gives in.  The other day you told me you were going to be a farmer when you grew up. 

You love to play in your sandbox.  You love to eat veggie stix and chicken with honey.  You wanted a Dora birthday party, but Dad talked you into Superman and then Eli talked you into Elmo.  You love to suck your thumb and twirl your hair.   You love to give kisses to everyone at bedtime (and hugs).  You always have to have your vanilla soy milk before bedtime.  You sleep on your "doggy pillow" every night. It's the stuffed dog you picked out for your first birthday. You love to pick flowers and you get so sad when they die a couple days later. You love swimming.  You love to give Camden hugs so hard that he screams. 

I love  you, Logan.  I am so thankful that God has blessed our family with you.  I look forward to  your third year.  I wonder what clever things  you will say, do, think.  There’s always something that you do to make me laugh.  It makes the naughty times disappear.  Just the other week when Camden was so sick, I instructed you not to snuggle with him.  I didn’t want you to get sick.  You looked at me strange, got up, sat right down next to Camden and said, “See, Mom, I’m by Bamden and I not getting sick.”  The mind of a three year old….

Logan's 3rd Birthday 040

Mom and Logan at the zoo on his birthday #3.

Logan's 3rd Birthday 041

Yes, this is a smile.  I’m not sure what’s up with this goofy smile you’ve got lately.

Logan's 3rd Birthday 038

All four brothers.

Logan's 3rd Birthday 053

Isaac and Logan on the train….choo choo!

Logan's 3rd Birthday 025

When asked what your fav gift was on your b-day, you reply, “My cars.”  This car garage from Joy is what you mean.  Way to go, Joy!

Logan's 3rd Birthday 060 

Yummmm…..chocolate cake with chocolate frosting was what you wanted.

Logan's 3rd Birthday 048

Driving the  milk truck.  Why am I not surprised!

Logan's 3rd Birthday 052

The goofy smile again.

Logan's 3rd Birthday 032

Isaac’s birthday present to you was one of these foot massages and a bumble gum.  :)

Logan's 3rd Birthday 030

Logan's 3rd Birthday 039

May you be blessed, my little Logan!  I love you!

Happy Birthday!  Let’s see where this 3rd year takes us….

No comments: