Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer things…

Nothing major to report here.  Just feltl like I should check in and write something since I haven’t for a while.

Last week Thursday we headed up to Noah’s Ark with all of us and Gramma, Auntie K, Auntie S and Cousin H.  The older boys were happy that Cousin H was joining them.  It was a fun and exhausting day.  Joshua and I were so thankful to have extra hands.  We also packed up the car to head up to Auntie R’s cottage in Omro after a day at Noah’s Ark.  We had a very full car.  We realized that we’re okay in our van day to day, but when going on trips or having friends over, we’ve outgrown our van!  We’re not willing to sacrifice it just yet for a gas guzzler.  :)

We spent a day up in Omro.  The boys went fishing, met some new friends and spent some time at the local pool.  It was fun and we’re thankful to R and S for allowing us to come visit with them. 

This last weekend Josh worked some more on the new patio….determined to finish it.   That didn’t happen.  Although he’s so close.   I will post pics soon.  It’s looking very good and I’m so proud of all Josh’s hard work on it.

This week is VBS at church.  It’s my first year teaching and helping out.  I’m enjoying it.  Camden is in the nursery for the three hours and he does great.  The blankie is a lifesaver!  No crying for Mom when the blankie is around.  Logan goes to the preschool class and does some little activities in there.  He’s finally decided it’s not so bad.   Eli is not totally thrilled with his group.  It’s the trouble makers of the whole VBS and Eli does not appreciate their behavior.  I’m grateful to have a boy who follows the rules so well.   Isaac is in the OLDEST group of VBS.   I remember taking him to his first day of VBS.  I was so excited that he was finally old enough to participate.  Wow, that really doesn’t seem that long ago.  He only has two more years and then he’ll be one of the helpers.  Shew.

Camden is in boot camp with physical therapy.  I’m working him really, really hard.  I so want him to crawl by his first birthday, but I think it may be a lost cause.  I refuse to give up until next Monday though!   Come on, Camden!!!!  The physical therapist did tell me yesterday that the biggest reason he’s not moving is because of muscle weakness.  The chiropractor agreed and also said it’s due to his tipped sacrum, which she is working on.  His reflux is flaring up again, but we didn’t give him his medicine while we were gone (just forgot about it!) and now he’s fighting a cold virus so his body is working overtime.  Still having bowel issues so we’ve eliminated all grains from his diet.  Just fruit and vegetables and some proteins.   Chiro said since he has a wheat allergy, he could also have a gluten sensitivity. 

I’m fighting off a summer cold/sinus virus.  It’s had me down for a couple days now.  Blah! 

That’s us in a nutshell!

No comments: