First, I have to share this:
The Vagina Dialogues
by The Sarcastic Journalist
In case those weekly doctor’s visits aren’t enough, you can expect to have family members start calling to ask about the state of your girly bits.
From your mother-in-law to your grandma, every woman that you have ever met will call to ask “how you are feeling?”
Sure, they just want to see what’s going on…everyday.
The deal is that these women can get creative with the reasons they need to call. Have you seen that new cooking show? Do you need any more clothes for the baby? What’s the weather like where you are?
No matter what you do, no matter how much you threaten to never let “grandma” visit her first grandchild, these people will still call. It’s like they think they should get certain privileges when it comes to the state of your vagina.
Are you dilated? Has the baby dropped? Did she do an exam?
I don’t know why, but having to explain to my mom that yes, the midwife did put her hand down there and measured the opening in my cervix with her fingers wasn’t something I enjoyed doing.
I think that the worst part of the whole “waiting for baby” thing was the vagina talk. It’s like, how many ways can we discuss a vagina without actually saying “vagina?”
Personally, I think it is best to scare them with a little “TMI,” if you catch my drift.
Now, having shared that....if you still want to read on further, please be my guest. It is amazing what people are willing to hear when one's pregnant. :)
I had my doctor appointment on Wednesday. I am 3 cm dilated, soft and thin, and baby's down. OH, and the doctor stripped my membranes to try to get things going. So far, it has done nothing. I have had TONS of contractions and false labor, but nothing that stays. Just a big tease this baby is! I was convinced it would come early, but now I'm thinking probably not. I've never been this far into the labor process and not been in actual labor. This last baby just has to tease me.
No, we still don't have a name. We have some that we like, but nothing that we've settled on. Part of me feels like I want to see this baby first. I've never had that feeling before.
No comments:
Post a Comment