Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Snowy Day

Recently I started doing themed units and lap books with Camden and Logan.  So far, they are loving it and I am loving that I can combine the two of them.  It’s funny, someone commented to me the other day, “It’s almost as if you have twins.”  And it really is.  I have two of everything.  What one does, the other wants to do.   I have double “crafts” hung around my house from the two of them. 

Yesterday we woke up to this:

IMG_8289

So I thought it was the perfect opportunity to do our snowy day theme (actually I started it with them the day before, knowing snow was coming).

We read The Snowy Day and then there’s always  a variety of activities to do including crafts, worksheets, games, songs, etc. 

IMG_8274

They had fun making different patterns with these snowflakes.

IMG_8277

Logan had “winter clothes” and Camden had “summer clothes” and they had to put the clothes on the correct picture.

IMG_8279

I had Logan do this worksheet thinking it might be too hard for Camden, but after Camden insisted he wanted to do it, I let him and I was very impressed with how good he did tracing the letters and remembering the “s” sound.

IMG_8280

Tracing the patterns in the snow.

IMG_8272

I put together these shape cards and had them find the different shapes in our story.  Then I had them find the shapes around the house.  Wow, they had so much fun doing this!

IMG_8310

****************************************************

Enough inside stuff, it’s time to head outside!!!

IMG_8282

Winter wonderland!  It was a wet and heavy snow.  Perfect for making snowmen, snowballs and snow forts.  Also perfect for hanging on the tree branches and enjoying how beautiful it is.

IMG_8291

Our giant snowman!  He’s got a cowboy hat on, of course!

IMG_8295

Now you can see just how giant he is.  (Eli is missing because he was stuck inside not feeling good.)

IMG_8287

Logan putting the eyes on.

IMG_8283

Camden putting the carrot nose on.  Josh had to stand on a bench and lift him up.

IMG_8296

IMG_8299

Love this picture of these two.

IMG_8303

IMG_8305

IMG_8309

Isabella and Ferdinand even enjoyed the snow! :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow!! That is HUGE!! Awesome snowman! :)